Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Witness MY Fitness: Vision Board & Motivation


Hey Y'all! Long time, no see!

I apologize for my absence! I was adjusting to being back in school and managing my time! I was also busy celebrating birthdays for my Mom, sister, and best friend, along with celebrating my own! Yes, I celebrated my birthday on the 19th and it was great. I am still trying to decide if I am gonna make a post about my trip to Atlanta, but just know if I don't, I am sure I happily gained about 5 pounds! Which brings me to today's post! As one of my goals on my vision board, I would like to lose some weight and live a healthier lifestyle. I am sure since we are still in the beginning of 2015, most people are still on their health kick, and I am definitely one of them. I can usually keep up with my goal until April, then I return to my old habits, and by the end of the year I am ashamed of myself. But this year, I am really gonna stick with it and I finally found a way to do so!
 


Because I am visual person, I decided to put my cork board to good use. I mapped out my target exercise days, along with motivational quotes and a healthy grocery list. To make it more visually appealing and totally Lindsay, I made the pearl push pins! (Oh the magic of the hot glue gun). I even decided to do the marbles & pounds idea from Pinterest. However, instead of doing marbles, I felt pearls would be much more motivational. (And match my push pins. Genius, right?)


Another visual aid I am using is a little calendar/planner I bought at Target for $1. I am using it to keep up with my exercises, any fitness challenges I start, my weigh days, Goals for the month, and rewards! (What a mouthful!) 

To kick of my journey, this month (or for 21 days) I am doing the No Junk Food Challenge (via Pinterest). It's going pretty well until my light night cravings for cookies and ice cream start, but i haven't given in and I don't plan on it! 

I hope I have inspired you to create some visuals for whatever your goal is whether it be losing weight or starting a new hobby! And be on the look out for my next post in my Witness MY Fitness series! 


- Lindsay J.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "pearls-for-pounds" idea. An added reward could be a necklace or bracelet made from your weight loss success. I say, Flaunt your fabulousness!"
    You did it, I am inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I am glad i could inspire you! Make sure to subscribe so you can keep up with my journey and let me know how yours goes as well!

      Delete
  3. I'm cheering for you and anything,I can do to encourage you, let me know. I can throw in some "treats" when you meet small goals. :) Sorry about the Oreos. I forgot.

    ReplyDelete